To our clients, friends, and colleagues during this difficult time,
The last few weeks have been extremely challenging for our cities, team members, and the oil and gas industry. During times like these, our focus must be on supporting one another.
From a community support perspective, EAG is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workspace for our employees and helping our clients do the same. We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) guidelines and recommendations as well as community-based rules intended to minimize the outbreak. Based on what we have learned, we have asked our team to:
- Follow public health authorities’ guidance regarding hygiene and travel.
- Stay home and consult with a medical professional if they or any of their family members exhibit flu-like symptoms.
- Work with us to devise flexible work schedules for anyone whose children are affected by school and/or day care closures.
- Limit business travel to support critical project events only.
- Leverage technology to conduct business. EAG is uniquely positioned to support our clients while working remotely.
- Work from home for at least 14 days if a team member or immediate family member has traveled domestically or internationally within the past week.
We’re writing this to let you know that we’re here, and we’re open for business. We’re ready to help you, along with our neighbors and members of the oil and gas industry, however we can. Let us know what we can do to help. We’re all in this together, and together we can move towards a new vision for success in 2020.
Elizabeth Gerbel, CEO of EAG Services & EAG 1Source